Thursday, November 8, 2007

Starting is always the hardest part

I'm a full time programmer by day, but at night I tend to tinker. Unfortunately I have few outlets for my more outlandish pursuits and I feel that I'm missing something.

While I tend to do a lot of small personal projects, I never release them and rarely talk about them with others. My peers, while good people and good at what they do, have historically not been very interested in whatever tangent I've gone off on on any particular week.

Also, a lot of my best ideas come to me when I am not programming. Sometimes I'll suddenly hit upon an answer to a problem in the middle of the night and there is no choice but to get dressed and run to the computer. I'm curious to see if writing will have a similar effect.

Hopefully this won't turn out to be more work than I'm willing to do.

So this blog will be mostly about programming, economics, and business related stories. I'll try to keep the politics to a minimum, I promise.

No comments: